413848dcc852ce697b1b2db39b76dd99f81ef69f

Cristiano Ronaldo Fan Club

Cristiano Ronaldo Fan Club
Cristiano Ronaldo Fan Club
Cristiano Ronaldo is a Portuguese football player who currently plays for Real Madrid. He plays as a left or right winger and is one of the highest rated football stars in the world.He is also an important player in the Portuguese National team.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Holidaying Cristiano Ronaldo has special message for Thai fans


By Lerpong Amsa-ngiam
The Nation/Asia News Network


Sun-tanned Christiano Ronaldo delivered sweet lines for Thai fans after renewing a multimillion-baht contract to represent Toyota Hilux Vigo Champ as its brand ambassador yesterday.
Over 300 journalists descended on the Plaza Athinee Hotel with hopes of talking to the Real Madrid striker, who has been in the Kingdom for more than a week holidaying with Russian model and girlfriend Irina Shayk.
The Portuguese, with unusually tanned skin after enjoying the sun and sands of the southern province of Phang Nga, impressed everyone with his charm and friendly smiles.
He made a brief appearance to sign the contract, believed to be worth between ¤3 million and ¤5 million.
Although there was no Q&A session with the media, the 27-year-old footballer spared a moment to give a message to his fans here.
"I thank all of them for giving fantastic support to me since I arrived. In the hotel, I could see from the television that people here really love football and for me that's amazing because in my life that's what I do. I thank and urge them to keep supporting,'' said the Portugal team captain, who led his team to the Euro 2012 semi-finals before losing to eventual champions Spain on penalty kicks.
He also gave a Portugal national jersey to a Thai junior player and shared some thoughts on how local youngsters could fulfil their soccer ambitions.
"To be in top form all the time, I believe in myself. I set goals and believe in what I can do, every year and every season. I never give up. I don't just think about my career or my job but I also help other people to believe in themselves. I like to continue working to achieve my goals,'' said Ronaldo who has been the brand ambassador of the pickup for the last two years.
Ronaldo has been spending his second off-season break in Thailand, following a post-Euro 2012 holiday in St Tropez, France.
He arrived in Phuket on July 7 on a private jet before travelling by boat to Phan Nga.
Staying in one of the province's luxurious island resorts at a reported Bt40,000 per night (S$1,628), the couple had to stay indoors for a few days due to rainy weather.
But when the southern skies cleared late last week, the Portuguese and his Russian sweetheart went out on a sea trip, stopping at famed bays and also at the famous Phi Phi Island.
They posted pictures of their activities, including canoeing and fishing, on their social media sites.
The latest picture in Ronaldo's Twitter account depicts the couple talking to villagers in a rubber plantation.
Ronaldo is due to appear on today's "Morning News" on Channel 3 and is scheduled to shoot a promotional video with Toyota in the afternoon before leaving Thailand in the evening.

No comments: